Saturday, January 13, 2018

Week 17 & Gender Prediction

How far along:  17 weeks – began September 11, 2017.

Size of Baby: Tangy pomegranate (5 inches)

Milestones: Baby Bear's coordination continues to progress and he or she can yawn, swallow, and even suck his or her thumb! It's the cutest vision picturing little BB yawning. 😍 The umbilical chord is getting stronger and better at delivering nutrients to BB, so I've been working harder on eating foods with a nutritional punch (... well, aside from the family-size bag of chips I ate in two days this week...). BB's bones are hardening and his or her sense of sight, smell, sound, and touch are coming along.

Best Moment This Week: Usually when there's movement, I try to feel it from the outside, but BB tends to get stage fright when I put my hand on my belly... it's a little game we've been playing. However, earlier this week, I managed to catch one little flicking feeling, so I think I officially felt the first kick with my hand! Leif has a habit of resting his hand on my belly for a minute or two, hoping he will feel something himself, but I know it will probably be a few weeks before it's consistent enough for that. 

What I’m Looking Forward To: Only 18 days until I get to see BB again at the ultrasound! Leif didn't attend the eight week ultrasound, so I'm really looking forward to experiencing this one together. I've watched a few Youtube videos of 20 week ultrasounds, and it's amazing how fully developed the baby looks.

What I Miss The Most: Leif and I have been spending a lot of time evaluating our budget, finding ways to save money, and all kinds of overall planning. It's been a bit of a stressor for both of us, but I keep telling myself that all parents find a way to make it work. The biggest thing has been doing our best to support one another as we make this major transition together.

Symptoms: Still having some stomach pain and acid reflux, but as usual, I'm doing most everything I can to reduce my symptoms. My coworker gave me a giant tub full of her old maternity clothes, and I'm so grateful to be more comfortable and wear clothes more tailored to my growing belly. The pants are amazing - not only are they stretchy, but they have nylon-like waist bands that are buttery soft. I don't think I'll ever want to go back to wearing regular pants, even after BB is born lol. With the way my stomach is growing and jeans are cut, I don't think I'll be able to use the Bellaband after all, so I retired all of my old pants for now.

Cravings: Still drinking a lot of water and pushing myself to consume more foods and beverages with calcium. I don't eat much dairy since it can be hard on my stomach, so that means drinking chickpea milk, almond milk, a little yogurt, and certain types of cheese when I can. As I mentioned earlier, I've been eating chips (specifically Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips), sesame chicken, apples, bananas, and fruity Tootsie Rolls.

With the 20 week ultrasound coming up, I thought it would be fun to test out some "old wives' tale" gender predictors before I find out for real!

1. Heart rate: Over 140 means you’re having a girl and below 140 means a boy!

Prediction Outcome: GIRL

2. Acne: More acne indicates a girl, less acne means a little boy.

Prediction Outcome: GIRL

3. Weight Gain: Mostly gaining around the belly means a boy, and gaining all over indicates a girl.

Prediction Outcome: BOY

4. Chinese Gender Chart: Compares your age of conception with month you conceived in.

Prediction Outcome: BOY

5. Morning Sickness: A smooth pregnancy indicates a boy, while more nausea and sickness means a girl.

Prediction Outcome: GIRL

6. Pregnancy Glow: A bright complexion with beautiful hair indicates a boy, a normal or dull complexion means a girl.

Prediction Outcome: GIRL 

7. Cravings: Salty cravings means a boy, and more sweet cravings means a girl.

Prediction Outcome: GIRL

8. Mama’s Intuition: 70% of the time, the mom-to-be knows what she’s having.

Prediction Outcome: GIRL?

9. Hands: Soft and warm mean a girl, dry and cold indicate a boy.

Prediction Outcome: BOY

10. Foot Growth: If your feet stay the same size, it's a girl, if they're swollen, it's a boy.

Prediction Outcome: GIRL

FINAL RESULTS – – – – – – – –  BOY: 3 / GIRL: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment